For 200+ years, the John Swire & Sons group of companies has been recognised as acting responsibly in the course of achieving commercial success, and our reputation for integrity is a great asset.
Compliance with Swire Renewable Energy’s Code of Ethics is an essential part of our global operations, and as part of the wider Swire Group, we at Swire Renewable Energy are proud of this reputation. Our core values of integrity, humility, endeavour, excellence and continuity underpin everything we do as a business - and as these values show, we are dedicated to operating in a fair and ethical manner across our business.
Code of ethics
At Swire Renewable Energy, we are committed to acting fairly, professionally and with integrity. Our reputation for fair dealing, integrity and doing the right thing depends on the highest standards, and complying with our code of ethics is vital in achieving this.
The reputation for honesty and fair dealing, which we have gained over the last 40+ years, is something we are incredibly proud of. Our code of ethics states our position on a range of important topics including:
- Bribery and corruption (aligned with the UK Bribery Act 2010)
- Procurement principles
- Facilitation payments
- Gifts, hospitality and expenses
- Political and charitable donations
- Competition and anti-trust
- Business and personal relationships
- Respect in the workplace
- Use of IT and information compliant with GDPR
Our code applies to staff at all levels within the organisation across the globe, as well as to our business partners and agents. At its heart, it showcases our commitment to uphold laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in all jurisdictions in which we operate, and prohibits the offering, giving, receiving or soliciting of any financial or other advantage in order to influence other people, whether directly or indirectly.
It also reiterates our zero-tolerance approach to bribery and provides a clear reporting line for any suspicions. In addition, it contains guidance on areas such as facilitation payments, gifts and hospitality, charitable donations, the appointment of agents and intermediaries and our relationship with business partners and suppliers.
Our workforce is continually trained on this code of ethics, and a range of other measures have been implemented to ensure our personnel comply with the code at all times.
Swire Renewable Energy is committed to the highest standards of business ethics, conducting all our businesses with integrity and fairness and committing to:
- Complying with all applicable local, national and cross border laws and regulations in each of the countries jurisdictions in which we operate;
- Striving to make Swire Renewable Energy an enjoyable and rewarding place to work;
- Providing high quality products and services;
- Maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, business ethics, and corporate governance;
- Ensuring the safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, business associates and all others who come into contact with the business;
- Meeting the highest standards in discharging our corporate social responsibilities;
- Behaving with courtesy and respect to everyone we encounter;
- Meeting both ethical and legal standards in relation to the privacy and confidentiality of personal and business information;
- Promoting the application of this code in all dealings, and to give preference in business dealings to those who adhere to similar business ethics.
Underpinning everything we do are our core values, which are based on the Swire Group’s core values of:
Integrity | Humility | Endeavour | Excellence | Continuity
These values define our workplace culture and serve as guiding principles of the Swire Renewable Energy team - including how we run our business and treat our people.
• Do the ‘right’ thing
• No politics
• Support each other
• Our word is our bond
• Respect and learn from each other
• Be aware of our limitations
• We all have a place - be open to others: learn from them
• We are self-confident but beware vanity and excess pride
• No short cuts
• Pioneering spirit
• Relish a challenge
• Deliver results
• Lasting success through solid, responsible, hard work
• Dedication to excellence in all businesses
• Strive for best in class
• Doing the job in the best possible way
• We take the long-term view - strategic
• Fundamental concern for people and the communities we work with
• Sustainable growth
• Enduring value for our shareholders
• Engender respect and loyalty of staff and public
Modern Slavery Act
Swire Renewable Energy has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and, in accordance with our Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy, are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains. We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains.
Our standard processes require all contractors, suppliers and business partners to complete an evaluation verifying their ethical practices, to include the steps taken by them to reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking within their company and their supply chain. These evaluations are requested for all new and existing suppliers.
Modern Slavery Act Statement
To view Swire Renewable Energy's Modern Slavery Act StatementClick here