Swire Renewable Energy provides electrical maintenance solutions to maximise the performance of the electrical components of the turbines and reduce the level of unplanned downtime.
Electrical maintenance solutions
Regular maintenance is the key to protecting electrical turbine components - enhancing safety, increasing production, minimising downtime and ultimately maximising your ROI. Regular maintenance can also ensure compliance to manufacturers warranties and reduce the risk of component failure.
Appointing a dedicated team committed to looking after your electrical components throughout their operational lifecycle can ensure you achieve these benefits and help deliver maximum generation during high wind periods.
Consulting and planning
- HV safety
- General HV consultancy
- Network analysis, discrimination studies
- Earthing design
- HV electrical system design
Construction and installation
- Switchgear and transformer installation and testing
- Installation of cable containment: HV/LV, cable ladders trays and trunking, earthing systems
- Panel wiring: relay panels, remote terminal unit (RTUs) and LVAC boards
- VLF and partial discharge testing
- Cable installation and jointing services – 11kV, 33kV & 66kV
- Installation and commissioning of transformer and switchgears
A yearly or half-yearly service agreement with Swire will guarantee a systematic survey of all critical parts that concern the wind turbines grid connection. We undertake relevant tests, make the planned replacements and identify irregularities that may cause future problems. Everything is documented in reports which give a clear overview of the operational status of the turbine.
Maintenance, repair and retrofitting
- Maintenance and refurbishment of HV & LV switchgear
- Fault finding analysis
- HV inspection and testing services up to 66kV
- Oil sampling
- Dissolved gas analysis
- Lab analysis of samples
- Retrofitting and upgrading of lighting, heating, power and security systems for substations
- Senior authorised person
- HV switching
- HV electrical installation primary substation: construction, installation and commissioning
- Upgrade and decommissioning: to all equipment protection, design, testing and commissioning
Swire provides breakdown service to ensure the minimum downtime for your WTG, and our dedicated breakdown teams are ready to solve any HV or MV failure in your turbine. Our technicians are the best trained HV WTG technicians in the industry and their skills are continually updated with relevant courses and training.
- Service teams are ready to act 24-7-365
- Best troubleshooters in the wind industry
- Technicians extensively trained in turbine components
- Single point of contact in case of breakdown
- Back office dedicated to handle breakdown cases
Esben Rocatis Nielsen
Get in touch
Thank you for your interest in Swire Renewable Energy. Please let us know how we can help you with your product and service requirements.